The Healthiest State Initiative is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization driven by the goal to make Iowa the healthiest state in the nation. By engaging worksites, communities, schools, retail food, organizations, institutions and individuals, we can inspire Iowans and their communities to improve their health and happiness, and ultimately achieve our goal.
The Healthiest State Initiative aims to become the healthiest state in the nation by improving the physical, social and emotional well-being of Iowans.
To improve the physical, social and emotional well-being of Iowans.
To become the healthiest state in the nation.
- Creating awareness of challenge to make Iowa the healthiest state in the nation
- Connecting the needs of Iowans with resources to achieve the goal
- Improving the health of Iowans and the communities in which they live
- Increase the number of Iowans living an active and healthy lifestyle
- Increase Iowans' emotional well-being
- Decrease the number of Iowans who use tobacco